My friend Mario Sundar, a prolific blogger and incredibly insightful (and nice) person, tagged me with this meme: Five Things You Didn't Know About Me.
So, here goes:
1. I am an equestrian. Or at least, I was an equestrian. I started riding horses at the age of 9, and continued throughout my college years. At the age of 12 my Dad bought me my first horse, and I tended to him every day. It is both a labor of love, and a passion. Horseback riding is a sport, it is therapeutic, intimate, competitive, and spiritual. Since the onset of my career, I've ridden far too little, which is something I intend to change.
2. As one of six children (the eldest of the four sisters, and second eldest sibling), I'm a sister of a Vietnamese-born brother. On April 6, 1975, Jay (born Phan Van Hung) came to us at just three months of age, after my parents decided to help a child of the War who would otherwise be left parent-less, or without life. I wrote a song for him (music and lyrics) when I was 13, and would play it often on my acoustic guitar.
3. I've been hugged by Oprah, chatted up by Jason Mraz, waved at by John Elway - in the day - and kissed by Dan Ackroyd, Buddy Guy and B.B. King - on seperate occasions, of course. Each is a really great story, best told over a drink or two. :)
4. While earning my BSBA, I double-minored in Geology (because of my love for nature) and Political Science (because of my intense curiosity towards human nature, and how it has shaped our country, and our world).
5. My life goal is to help change the world. Both in my work and as a human being.
There. I've done it. Knowing that they are likely not to even consider doing this, I will still follow the rules and tag five others, whose answers I (and many) would love to read:
Update: Here are Jeff's.